The success of every business depends on the productivity and efficiency of its employees. Therefore, every employer focusing on business growth should put effort into improving the productivity of his organization. Productivity is also known as employee output or workplace output and is a measure of an employee’s output. To make your organization a success, have a read on some of the essential ways to improve productivity of employees in the workplace.
Ways to Improve Productivity of Employees:
- Improve the Working Environment:
Work under ideal settings if you want your staff to be productive.
- Make sure your office has enough natural light. They’re more rested and more focused when they arrive at work if they’re in an office with windows and adequate natural light.
- Add some greenery to your workspace by using potted plants. Employees who work in green workplaces are more comfortable, and, as a result, more productive.
- Your walls should not be painted in a neutral shade. When employees work in workplaces with white walls, they are more likely to make mistakes. Instead, choose red (which helps with detail-oriented jobs), green (which helps motivate), or blue (it boosts creativity).
Visit: teamwork skills in the workplace
2. Optimization of e-mail:
Multiply 13 hours per week by the number of employees in your firm to find out just how much time you might be putting to better use elsewhere.
- To ensure that you have enough time to respond to emails, your workers should be instructed to set up a specific period each day to deal with emails, ad stick to it. For example, all email contact should occur in the hour after lunch or before you leave work.
- Be sure to keep your communications concise and on-topic. Instruct your staff to write emails politely, precisely, and honestly.
- Do not send emails to your staff in the middle of the night, unless necessary. As a result of receiving such late-night emails, your workers may get stressed, anxious, and unable to perform properly at work the following day.
Visit: importance of decision making
3. Make Meetings more Productive:
Employees spend over 87 hours each month in meetings, equating to $37 billion in lost revenue every year since many sessions devolve into pointless debates.
- Instead, send an email. Because email is a more efficient and precise form of communication than conducting several meetings, send a group email within the time set out for emails.
- Cut down on the number of meetings you have every day, week, or month. We only have the necessary meetings.
- Limit the number of people who attend the meeting. While certain employees may be required to attend meetings regularly, others should not be. Instead, the most efficient answer is for them to continue working in their current position.
- Minimize the amount of time spent in each meeting. You should be able to cover the most critical issues in 15-20 minutes at every meeting.
Visit: performance enhancement tips
4. Allow Flexibility in Timetables:
Sticking to a tight 9-to-5 schedule or working hard from the early wee hours of the morning may not work for everyone.
- Allow for flexibility in working hours — Allow your staff to work in two smaller time blocks that add up to eight hours per day, rather than eight hours per day. Allow them to clock in from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., go to the gym or have a lengthy lunch, and then continue their work from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. They’ll be more productive and efficient since they’ll have a burst of energy following the lengthy, gratifying 2-hour break, avoiding the terrible afternoon dip that many employees experience before “close” time.
- Allow remote work -Despite certain drawbacks, 65 percent of employees think they are more productive while working outside the office, and 47 percent wish their business offered this perk. Select roles that are eligible to work remotely, establish remote worker availability hours, specify a response time, and direct employees to log their time for productivity statistics.
Visit: time management tips
5. Exemplary Personnel Training is required:
Training and development assist employees to enhance their knowledge and, as a result, their work performance.
- Take use of specialist software: Learning Management Software offers a variety of helpful courses that assist employees in improving their existing abilities while also learning new ones. They also provide analytics and data so you can track the growth of your employees.
- Provide hands-on learning opportunities: This form of training allows employees to assess the effectiveness of certain training activities by allowing them to try them out as they learn about them.
- Give employees the freedom to study at their own pace: Rushing through complex topics will prevent new information from sticking or employees from putting their newly acquired abilities to the test. It’s ideal to give employees time to absorb or learn at their own pace once they’ve completed their training.
Visit: benefits of corporate training
6. Stop Micromanaging when it comes to Job Delegation:
One of the most essential ways to improve productivity for any organization is delegation of authority and responsibility. Delegating duties is useful in and of itself, but managers frequently can’t let go of the work they’ve delegated, so they micromanage every detail, rendering task delegation useless. Furthermore, up to 85% of employees are discouraged by micromanagement; continuous
Surveillance causes them to lose trust in their skills, resulting in substandard performance.
- Instead, manage expectations and requirements. If you want a certain result, you’ll need to give your staff explicit instructions. You’ll also need to let your employees know what you expect of them – and not every well-intentioned job requirement will result in the proper task expectations. If your staff are more focused on their objectives than the methods of getting there, you’ll have less to worry about and micromanage.
- Once you have delegated, you should leave the room immediately. If there isn’t a supervisor looking over their heads, the employees will feel more independent, comfortable, and secure in their abilities.
Visit: importance of motivation
7. Enhance Communication inside the Office:
Communication and feedback are key to excellent cooperation in teamwork, which leads to maximum productivity and effectiveness.
- Create a teamwork culture with a purpose. You and your team will have to work hard to become an effective team. Create informal get-togethers from time to time, such as an office party or a staff outing. Ensure that new workers feel welcomed and equal with their new colleagues when they begin on the job.
- Find the perfect communication method. For communication, your firm may rely on communication media such as email and the telephone, but you’ll need to discover how each person responds best. Some people respond faster to slack messages, others to email messages, and others answer their phones quickly.
Visit: soft skills activities
8. Self-care should be Promoted:
Taking care of oneself may go a long way in motivating people towards their objectives and projects.
- Encourage people to use their health insurance. If you want to encourage your employees to take advantage of all the company’s health benefits, make sure they are informed and aware of them.
- Offer self-care classes that are useful to participants. Stress management and time management classes are available for your staff, who may benefit from learning about stress management and time management skills, as well as any other self-care practices.
- An employee’s success should be acknowledged and rewarded. Employees should not be addressed unless you need to point out faults in their job. Because 79% of professionals leave their jobs because they feel unappreciated at work, employees want to know that their hard work is valued. Take the time to emphasize people’s accomplishments and strong qualities when you can.
Visit: games to improve presence of mind
Once you’ve realized how critical employee productivity is to your company’s success, you’ll need to take the appropriate steps to measure, calculate, and, most importantly, increase this valuable business resource. The best corporate coach in India or a competent personality development course can be beneficial to both the employees and the company.
To do so, make sure you consider these beneficial ways to improve productivity of employees, enhance workplace surroundings, optimize emailing and meetings, allow for flexible employee schedules, give optimal employee training, avoid micromanaging everything, increase office communication, and encourage employee self-care.
Our personality development course instills the indomitable spirit of excellence in individuals and make them learn how to make things happen. Unlike self help books and crash courses on self development, this course will establish a very permanent and soulful relationship with thinking pattern and memory. Through theatre and dramatics, individuals will break limitations and evolve.